[one-users] Wrong persistent image state

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Tue Nov 22 11:17:06 PST 2011

Hi,

This is the expected behavior, indeed. The idea is to keep all the
resources till the VM is deleted (enters DONE state), not only images
but also any network lease. In this way the admin can debug any
problem with the VM. The other reason is that you may resubmit the VM
(move it from FAIL to PENDING again), with the same images, network
leases...

Moreover, in a case of a persistent image if the VM fails the image is
left in an error state after deleting the VM. This is to prevent other
VMs using an image potentially in an inconsistent state. If the image
is ok, you may enable it (oneimage enable) and use it again.

Cheers

Ruben

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 8:24 PM, Humberto N. Castejon Martinez
<humcasma at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When ONE receives a request to deploy a VM using a persistent image, the
> image is marked as "used". If the VM deployment fails, the state of the
> image is not set back to "ready" and remains as "used". I guess this is a
> bug, or is there a reason for this behavior?
> Cheers,
> Humberto

Ruben S. Montero, PhD
Project co-Lead and Chief Architect
OpenNebula - The Open Source Toolkit for Data Center Virtualization