[one-users] using amazon ami iamges

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Mon Nov 21 06:12:48 PST 2011

Hi,

On 16 November 2011 16:37, Siva Prasad <newror.user at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Gurus,
>
> This is my first mail to this group.The below is my problem.
>
> I have made a Image for AMAZON EC2(which is an img files with manifest.xml)
> , which obviously works on ec2.
>
> Now can i use the same image on opennebula.If yes can anybody tell me the
> process?
>
> Or Are there any opensource solutions where I could use amazon EC2 image to
> create instances.

You can use the OpenNebula EC2 driver to manage this kind of instances:
http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.0:introh
http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.0:ec2g

If you want to use this image in your local infrastructure you should
download the image (ec2-download, ec2-unbundle) and register it in the
OpenNebula image repository (oneimage create). You should adapt the
image in order to benefit from the OpenNebula contextualization:
http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.0:cong

Hope this helps

> Thanks,
> Suser