[one-users] VMs are not reachable over their IP

Martin Lauer ml067 at hdm-stuttgart.de
Wed Nov 16 14:49:41 PST 2011

Hey Jaime,
thanks for the explanation. Maybe the formulation of my question wasn't
really good at all. I've read most of the documentation and bridging
isn't a new topic for me.

When OpenNebula launches a (the first) VM, the vnet0 is attached to the
bridge (this works flawlessly in my case).
If my bridge has the IP 141.x.x.66 and the VMs get an IP , ranged from
141.x.x.67-141.x.x.80, how are the packets been routed to the VMs?

Does OpenNebula (my context Script) just set the VM IP within the
running VM, or is there also a mechanism that sets the corresponding IP
(eg. 141.x.x.67) also on the bridge, so the VM is visible to the Network?
Or are VLAN Tags/Open vSwitch/ebtables the only way to process IP
Packages to the KVM virtual Interfaces?

cheers, Martin