[one-users] Image repository 3.0

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Fri Nov 11 09:34:52 PST 2011

Hi,

The Image repository can only work with one directory, but the following
workaround could work:

Lets say /var/lib/one/images is your current image repository, and
/var/lib/one/new_images is the mount point for your new image repository.

Stop OpenNebula, change the Image repository path to the new one, and then
create links for all files in the repo. E.g.

/var/lib/one/new_images/abc -> /var/lib/one/images/abc

Start OpenNebula. Now it should work with the new repository path, but
using the old files.

Now you can copy the image files to /var/lib/one/new_images, for instance
.../abc_tmp. Once the copy is complete, delete the link (.../abc) and
rename the copied file.

Please keep in mind that this is a workaround. This steps won't work for
persistent Images If you are using tm_shared drivers; the VMs with
persistent Images are using directly the files from the repository.
You will also face problems if a VM saves the changes to the image
repository while its file is being copied form the old to the new storage.

Regards.
--
Carlos Martín, MSc