[one-users] OpenNebula ageing effect?

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Sat Nov 5 08:27:00 PDT 2011

Hi

Yes I agree with Steffen, I'd be surprise this is something related to DB
access. A couple of thoughts from your data:

1.- Prolog Times constant means that your are not suffering an storage
problem
2.- Pending Times increasing. This depends on the number of VMs to
schedule, and the number of available resources. The default scheduler
parameters are quite conservative in order not to overload the other
systems but this can be tunned considering each setup. There are huge
improvements in performance in OpenNebula 2.2 and OpenNebula 3.0 in this
area.
3.- Increase Boot times depends directly on the hypervisor. This usually
increases when starting multiple VMs in the same host at the same time.

Cheers

Ruben

2011/11/5 Steffen Neumann <sneumann at ipb-halle.de>

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2011-11-04 at 20:01 +0000, Vinícius Vielmo Cogo wrote:
> > Which can be the possible causes?
> What DB are you using ? SQLite or MySQL ?
>
> There are a few DB queries, although I'd be surprised
> if they amounted to 140sec. For mysql, you could turn on
> query logging, and run some queries manually to check.
>
> Yours,
> Steffen
>

> --
> IPB Halle                    AG Massenspektrometrie & Bioinformatik
> Dr. Steffen Neumann          http://www.IPB-Halle.DE
> Weinberg 3                   http://msbi.bic-gh.de
> 06120 Halle                  Tel. +49 (0) 345 5582 - 1470
>                                  +49 (0) 345 5582 - 0
> sneumann(at)IPB-Halle.DE     Fax. +49 (0) 345 5582 - 1409

Ruben S. Montero, PhD
Project co-Lead and Chief Architect