[one-users] Problem with persistent image

Humberto N. Castejon Martinez humcasma at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 12:01:25 PST 2011

Hi,

Given a VM created from a persistent image, if I execute Cancel on the VM
everything works fine. I can see in the logs that, first, TM shared´s mv is
executed, which moves /var/lib/one/<vid>/images/disk.0 to
/var/lib/one/<vid>/disk.0. Then, IM´s mv is executed, which moves
/var/lib/one/<vid>/disk.0  to the repository (well, it does  not really do
it, since the file in the repo is the one linked by disk.0).
When I execute Shutdown and then Delete on the VM, the persistent image
enters into Error state. In the logs I can see that only IM´s mv is
executed, which tries to move   /var/lib/one/<vid>/disk.0  to the
repository. However,   /var/lib/one/<vid>/disk.0 does not exist, and
therefore the move command exts with error.

Any clue about what is wrong?

Also, in the case of persistent images and shared repository + VM_DIR, the
move commands are executed but they always do nothing, right? That is, they
are not really needed, since the VM uses directly the image in the repo,
right? Move commands are then only needed in case of non persistent images
in combination with Save As, right?

Cheers,
Humberto