[one-users] Little help with first building cloud

matheus tor4 matheusifal at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 03:39:39 PST 2011

Hello everybody, I'm newbie in this email list.

I'm a student from Brazil, and I building a private cloud using OpenNebula
3.0, KVM and Ubuntu Server 11.04.

But, a have a little questions about Opennebula Architecture. I see in the
Planning Installation, the front-end only requires ruby>1.8.1.
And the hosts require the hypervisor enabled.

I have only two servers (With VT) and two Core2Duo (Without VT). I want to
build a little private cloud.
It's my first experience with cloud computing. It's my last job in the
university.

My doubt is the following:
- Can I use a server as Front-End +  Image Repository + Cluster at the same
time?
- Or, It's more advantageous use a Core2Duo as a Front-End and release all
resources of the server to be use by cloud?

Sorry my bad English.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Matheus Torquato.