[one-users] 转发: 回复: Re: what a virtual network means?

shamaya shamaya at 126.com
Mon Nov 21 17:40:03 PST 2011

2011-11-22

shamaya

发件人: "shamaya"<shamaya at 126.com>
发送时间: 2011-11-22 09:30
主 题: 回复: Re: [one-users] what a virtual network means?
收件人: "Hutson Betts"hut101 at tamu.edu

 I have a question and two advices for OpenNebula's network configuration

Question:
1. Can I use VLAN function on a "physical network" which already running VLAN on the phical swich? (you know, in Eucalyptus, VLAN cann't function properly in such a environment: "underlying physical network must be VLAN clean", http://open.eucalyptus.com/wiki/EucalyptusNetworkConfiguration_v2.0)

Document advices:
1. Maybe, User's life would be more easier if OpenNebula's document on network include a network configuration example to help user build their cloud on their data center, for both physical and logical network configuration. again, Eucalyptus have included such guides for users at http://open.eucalyptus.com/learn/InstallingECC

2. Mybe it is helpful to give a throughout network configuration process expample, e.g. you mentioned cloud builder need to setup a bridge on every work node, but I did found a example.

Cheers,
Sha

2011-11-22

shamaya