[one-users] can one assign a public ip to a running VM ?

shamaya shamaya at 126.com
Sun Nov 20 17:02:56 PST 2011

Dear all,
   Is it possible for OpenNebula user to allocate a IP and assign it to a running VM? I have just several public IPs, so I can't assign a public IP to every VM when it lunchs.
   I want to setup a network configuration like this: user can lunch a set of VMs and let these VMs forms a private network, and each of them has a private IP by which they can communicate each other, but user can't connect a VM by using this private IP addrress. When user want to connect to a VM, he/she should get a public IP from the cloud, and assign it to the VM. Is it possible for me to implement such a config? and how?   Any advices will be appreciated.

Regards.

Sha

2011-11-21

shamaya