[one-users] installing OpenNebula: system requirements?

biro lehel lehel.biro at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 02:30:24 PST 2011

Hello everyone!

I'm new here, but hopefully will try to be a regular member in the next few months.
To start with, I have a very simple question: what are the system requirement for a machine on which I'm trying to install OpenNebula? Since I will be working in partnership with an IT company on my project, they need to know the parameters of the machine I'm going to work on (including OS, CPU performance, memory, all necessary software, etc.) This information was not specified on the official website, that's why I'm trying here.

Also, do I need further physical machines (worker nodes), in order to experiment with OpenNebula, or could I just install several VM's on the already existing (main, cluster) node? I need to know how many physical PC's I need. In the starting phase, I only need to experiment with the cloud, and see what and how happens, possibly through integrating a simple appication (so you don't have to think of very complex stuff).

I think these questions are really simple to answer if you have basic knowledge in the domain, so hopefully someone will be helpful enough to provide me with an answer.

Thank you in advance.

Hope you all have a good day,

Biro Lehel.