[one-users] Sunstone in opennebula 3.0 and LDAP authentication addon

Rolandas Naujikas rolandas.naujikas at mif.vu.lt
Sun Nov 6 03:52:11 PST 2011

Hi,

I installed the newest LDAP authentication addon (2.9.85).
I tried use it from CLI (onevm,...) - it works.
I tried to authenticate in Sunstone web interface and it fails.
By analysis of opennebula installation, I found that in sunstone case
(with basic method) there is used CloudAuth/BasicCloudAuth.rb class,
which works directly with password hash in DB.
What to change to make Sunstone work with LDAP authentication ?
Probably create new LdapCloudAuth.rb, which would duplicate LDAP addon
functionality already ? Why there is such duplication for plain and
BasicCloudAuth ?

Regards, Rolandas Naujikas

P.S. In our LDAP server users are identified with uid=<username>, not
cn=<username>, it was not difficult to correct that in ldap_auth.rb.