[one-users] OpenNebula ageing effect?

Vinícius Vielmo Cogo vielmo at lasige.di.fc.ul.pt
Fri Nov 4 13:01:22 PDT 2011

Hi,

We are running OpenNebula and just (1) inserting, (2) waiting run, and (3)
removing VMs.
Based on the deployment time of each VM was possible to verify that the
time needed to deploy the same VM is increasing with OpenNebula's uptime,
which can be an effect of software ageing.

At the beginning, ONE needs 90 seconds (1.5 min) to deploy a VM completely.
But this time is raising in such way that on our 1000th deployment it took
115 seconds, on 2000th 168 seconds and on 3000th 233 seconds (almost 4 min).
[image: graph-one.png]
*Someone had the same effect issues?
Which can be the possible causes?*

For further information about our case:

   - The OpenNebula version that we are using is the 2.0.1.
   - The physical host is a Dell PowerEdge R410 (Intel Xeon E5520 (2.27 GHz
   / 1 MB L2 cache / 8 MB L3 cache) and 32GB RAM (1066Mhz)).
   - We are running ONE on an Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (x86_64).
   - Processor usage: 5.6%.
   - Memory usage: 31%.
   - Disk usage: 11.4% of 91.68GB.
   - The *prol* time maintains almost the same from the beginning.
   - The *pend* and *boot* time are the related metrics with this issue.
   - We are using the Xen 3.2-1 as the VMM.
   - Our VM image has 4GB and is a simple Ubuntu image for Xen.

Thank you in advance for any tip on this issue.
Vinicius Vielmo Cogo