[one-users] Ruby oca - change templates

Robert Parrott parrott at seas.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 1 05:51:15 PDT 2011

Hi Paulo,

One thing that we've done is to use "onetemplate" to store a template
" template", i.e. a template that has fields in the context that are
placeholder tokens. Then we've wrapped the deploy command line with a
script that will pull the contents of the template, modify it in
place, and then feed it into the onevm create command. If you set
"EDITOR=cat" in your shell and then do a "onetemplate update", the
contents of the template will be written to stdout. A few well placed
"sed" commands can customize that template dynamically for your needs
(for example we specify a public key to add, and a local user account
to create based on the currently login name).

Rob