[one-users] Multicast problem

Luis Rodero-Merino lrodero at fi.upm.es
Tue May 31 06:50:05 PDT 2011

Well we've solved it. It was necessary to run

$ route add -net 224.0.0.0 netmask 240.0.0.0 dev eth0

to get multicast working. We have just added it to /etc/rc.local so it
is executed at boot time.

What we don't understand yet is why this is necessary in our ONE
installation and not when running the same VM in a local hypervisor.

Regards,
Luis