[one-users] live-/migration not working, uknown error

Neumann, Steffen sneumann at ipb-halle.de
Tue May 24 07:58:53 PDT 2011

Hi,

check out the list archives:
http://lists.opennebula.org/htdig.cgi/users-opennebula.org/2011-April/005013.html

Steffen

________________________________
From: users-bounces at lists.opennebula.org [users-bounces at lists.opennebula.org] on behalf of Adnan Pasic [pqado at yahoo.de]
Sent: 24 May 2011 14:47
To: users at lists.opennebula.org
Subject: [one-users] live-/migration not working, uknown error

Update: Okay, the issue with "virsh list" is gone. But still the problem with migration / live migration pertains.
Do you have to do some extra steps for live migration to work? Do you need to create TLS keys or something, or is the standard tutorial enough for everything to work?

The error still says:
[VMM] [E]: Error saving VM state, error: Failed to save domain one-26 to /srv/cloud/one/var//26/images/checkpoint

It seems the folder checkpoint can't get created, or the creation of the folder is missing somewhere in the scripts, because when I browse through to the folder /images there is no checkpoint folder inside.

I hope those infos are sufficient to narrow down the possible mistakes?