[one-users] opennebula elastic resources

Steven Timm timm at fnal.gov
Thu May 19 11:02:50 PDT 2011

Haizea is a scheduler and it controls how many VM's any one
user can run.  It doesn't deal with modifying individual VM's.
Modifying the memory of a running VM is a function of
which hypervisor you are using.  There's no opennebula
function that can do that.  Some hypervisors can do it (Xen),
others can't. Increasing storage size of a disk on running VM is
almost impossible.

Steve Timm

On Thu, 19 May 2011, Teddy Limousin wrote:

> Hello, I would like to know how can I modify the resources of a running vm
> with opennebula for example increase the amout of
> memory of a particular vm or the cpu count or the storage size of a disk.
>
> I wonder how the haizea tool is able to do this. Can anyone help me.
>
> Best Regards,

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
timm at fnal.gov  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Grid Facilities Department, FermiGrid Services Group, Group Leader.
Lead of FermiCloud project.