[one-users] OCA XML-RPC output

Gian Uberto Lauri saint at eng.it
Wed May 18 09:36:27 PDT 2011

Hello all,

	  I am  writing an  OCCI implementation that  accepts OVF  for the
	  Venus-C  research project.  This implementation  parses OVF  and
	  uses  the  extracted informatios  to  build  the input  fir  the
	  appropriate OCA api.

	  /compute  works  using  OCA  allocate(), now  I  am  working  on
	  /compute/[id] that will use OCA info(). This call returns an XML
	  that I have to translate into an OVF.

	  I choosed to parse this XML using xjc to compile xsd definitions
	  into Java classes.

	  I downloaded the xsd from the hyperlink in the XML-RPC page, but
	  the definition for  VMs (i.e. the answer of the  info() OCA api)
	  is too  coares, and I  need to parse at  least some of  the tags
	  inside the <TEMPLATE /> tag to get finer grained informations.

	  So I have to change the xsd I downloaded.

	  This lead to this question: May I assume that tag order is fixed
	  inside <TEMPLATE />  ?  so that the content may  be defined by a
	  <xs:sequence /> ?

	  And does  this hold even  for the  content of <DISK>,  <NIC> and
	  <OS>?

	  Common sense says  that Ruby should not  execute its instruction
	  out of order, so the order is fixed and some elements may or may
	  not appear,  but the  order should not  change. Can  you confirm
	  this ?

	  Thank you in advance.

--
ing. Gian Uberto Lauri
Ricercatore / Reasearcher

GianUberto.Lauri at eng.it

Engineering Ingegneria Informatica spa
Corso Stati Uniti 23/C, 35127 Padova (PD)

Tel. +39-049.8283.571         | main(){printf(&unix["\021%six\012\0"],
Fax  +39-049.8283.569		  |    (unix)["have"]+"fun"-0x60);}
Skype: gian.uberto.lauri	  |          David Korn, AT&T Bell Labs
http://www.eng.it 			  |          ioccc best One Liner, 1987