[one-users] How config Windows vm template?

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Thu May 12 02:22:09 PDT 2011

Hi there,

The contextualization offered by OpenNebula is creating that cdrom and
context.sh script, but it's up to the guest OS to read that file and
configure itself.

We only provide linux scripts; you would have to create similar ones. I'm
not sure how difficult that can be since I don't have experience with
Windows scripting.

If you only need to configure the right IP for your VM, then you can try to
configure a DHCP server in your network (it can be placed in a VM in the
same VNet). This has been discussed in the list, hopefully these threads
will help:

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/users@lists.opennebula.org/msg01143.html
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/users@lists.opennebula.org/msg01395.html

Regards