[one-users] Unable to Stop Running VM

Koushik Annapureddy koushik1987 at gmail.com
Sat May 7 02:32:58 PDT 2011

Hello Neumann,

The problem that I had was that the node was always displaying 4294967294  for
the UID and GID ( for the NFS share files )and if I create a file on the
node it shows up on the frontend with the correct user and group (but on the
node still with 4294967294).

As per the one of the solution provided in the forums (Tino Referred) they
mentioned to use NFS v3 and started statd for mounting and did some
modifications to /etc/idmapd.conf on both front end and node by providing
the same domain.

I remounted using NFSv3 and now its working fine like showing the same uid
and gid on both node and frontend. Now oned is able to sucessfully save the
vm to checkpoint.

Thanks
Koushik

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 8:46 PM, Neumann, Steffen <sneumann at ipb-halle.de>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we also had that behaviour with NFS4 on ubuntu 11.04,
> and rpc.idmapd was not running because we had /var
> on a different partition than / and idmapd wanted to store
> stuff in the not-yet-mounted /var. Solution is a single filesystem
> for / and /var. Is that the case in your setup ?
>
> Yours,
> Steffen

Thanks
Koushik Annapureddy