[one-users] Experience with OpenNebula + Ceph?

Toens Bueker toens.bueker at lists0903.nurfuerspam.neuroserve.de
Thu May 5 02:23:21 PDT 2011

Christoph Raible <c.raible at science-computing.de> wrote:

> I'm searching for persons which have experience on using OpenNebula
> with Ceph filesystem.
>
> http://ceph.newdream.net/
>
> Is someone out there who can help me with some problems on using
> KVM/QEMU images on the Ceph filesystem?
>
> I can create qemu / kvm Images but I can't use them (I/O Errors).
> I hope there is someone out there ;)

As everybody else you are in search of a sufficient, distributed
storage platform for virtual machines with posix capabilities.

During my last tests with cheph, I could not extract the kernel-source
into the respective filesystem and delete it afterwards without
getting errors/problems. I refrained from doing further tests with
vm-images.

Have you checked sheepdog? Have you had a look at fuse-based
filesystems? I have a few on my list (like http://www.xtreemfs.org/),
which I haven't had time to investigate further.

There were a few names on this list, too.

Kind regards,
Töns
--
There is no safe distance.