[one-users] Problems using OpenNebula EC2 interface

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at seas.harvard.edu
Wed May 4 06:22:46 PDT 2011

> The econe tools use the ruby URI gem that will take the host part of
> the string and will ignore the path.

It is probably a misnomer to call this a URL, then.  Perhaps the
documentation should be clear that is really just a hostname.

> running the OCCI server and the EC2 server in different ports or using
> a proxy, for example lighttpd. This could be a lighttpd configuration:

We are running it through a proxy...our goal was to run both the OCCI
and EC2 servers at the same host, on different paths, without
requiring a unique port per service.  There are several ways to work
around this -- we'll probably opt for a name based virtual host for
EC2 access.

> server is ignoring the path section. Would you mind to try starting
> the server without path?.

I'll give this a shot later today and see how it works out.

> OpenNebula Ec2 Server you can use one of the following options: econe
> tools, euca tools or portals like hybrid or elastic fox that are based
> on the Access Key authentication.

That's unfortunate.  We were hoping that the EC2 service would support
Amazon's own toolset, since there is some familiarity with those tools
in the user community.  We're also looking for client tools that
instal and run easily under Windows.  Elastic Fox looks like a good
solution, except it doesn't appear to support recent versions of
Firefox.

Thanks for your help.  I'm going to fiddle with the EC2 URLs this
afternoon and see if we can solve the authentication issue.

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at seas.harvard.edu>
Senior Technologist