[one-users] Shared-NFS - vm creation hangs when NFS connection is lost

Rangababu Chakravarthula rbabu at hexagrid.com
Tue May 3 14:40:31 PDT 2011

Lars

Thanks for the quick response. I tried to mount with soft option & without
"retrans" option. Still its the same behaviour. The man page says without
"retrans" option, it would try 3 times and fail. However, in my case it
didn't.

Also there is a note with regard to "soft" option

*NB: A so-called "soft" timeout  can  cause  silent  data corruption  in
certain  cases.  As  such,  use the soft option only when client
responsiveness is more important
than  data  integrity.  Using NFS over TCP or increasing the value of the
retrans option may mitigate some of the risks of using the soft option*.

Still trying to find a solution.

Ranga

--

*Rangababu Chakravarthula
VP Product Development

(o) 636.590.2211
(c) 402.203.2960
(f) 888.817.3385
**rbabu at hexagrid.com <your%20email at hexagrid.com>**

rchakra1 rangababu rbchak

As a leading developer of IT infrastructure software solutions, Hexagrid
Computing Inc. built the first cloud enabling platform directly aligned with
real-world IT delivery models—a revolutionary approach to Infrastructure as
a Service (IaaS) that truly simplifies virtual IT management. Hexagrid
provides all the software and support that IT organizations need to
successfully build private/public clouds to fit their specific business and
end-user requirements. It’s Your Cloud, Own It! From basic everyday
computing to intensive high-powered operations, Hexagrid IaaS cloud
computing solutions enable companies to immediately generate profits by
reducing costs and increasing efficiencies. For more information visit **
www.hexagrid.com**.*