[one-users] VM stuck in 'prolog' state

Luis Rodero-Merino lrodero at fi.upm.es
Fri May 27 07:26:38 PDT 2011

Hi,

I cannot get rid of a VM that could not be deployed properly (the host
run out of disk space during the image copying process). The 'onevm
list' command shows that the VM is in prolog state. I try to run
'onevm delete' but, although not error message is returned, seemingly
opennebula is ignoring it: 'onevm list' still shows that the VM is
there, in the same 'prolog' state. Other onevm commands (such as
shutdown) return "Error: Wrong state to perform action". Is there any
clean way so one removes the VM from its database?

Thanks

Dr. Luis Rodero-Merino
Researcher @ Distributed Systems Laboratory (http://lsd.ls.fi.upm.es),
Computer Science School, Madrid Polytechnic University.
Phone: (34)913363681, Fax: (34)913363669
Address: Campus de Montegancedo, Bloque 2, L 3201
CP: 28660, Boadilla del Monte (Madrid), Spain