[one-users] Opennebula as a virtual infrastructure Management tool

Oualid Nouri o.nouri at computer-lan.de
Tue May 24 04:19:40 PDT 2011

Hello to all,
I have looked in the documentation anb on the web but didn't find a clear answer to my questions or at least I didn't understood the whole concept of opennebula.
My Plan and Question
I am looking for an administrator friendly open source management tool for virtual infrastructures.
With the SUNSTONE web frontend there is a user friendly administrative tool to opennebula.

I want to be able to manage a fixed but expandable set of virtual Servers, not just workloads in a cloud.
Let's say one File Server and one Mail Server (windows or linux) for the beginning.
After some time a third, fourth or more might be deployed.
I know that this is possible.
I'm not interested  to just quickly deploy virgin virtual machine images and then destroy them after usage.
Because the virtual machines will host user data I want to keep them.

Question: Is it possible to deploy(install)and manage these Servers in a central repository and having this repository accessed by hypervisors without copying the whole virtual machine image when starting or stopping a virtual server with opennebula?

If there is already one answer or hints please let me know.

Regards

O. Nouri