[one-users] compile 2.2 on squeeze...

Thomas Besser thomas.besser at kit.edu
Tue May 17 07:23:48 PDT 2011

Hi,

am I right, if I want to install opennebula 2.2 'self-contained' (see
http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.2:plan), I have to compile it on
my own?

Compiling it on debian 6.0 aka squeeze stops here like this:

root at vsh01:/usr/local/src/opennebula-2.2# scons
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
/usr/bin/env: ruby: No such file or directory

Error searching for xmlrpc-c libraries. Please check this things:

 * You have installed development libraries for xmlrpc-c. One way to check
   this is calling xmlrpc-c-config that is provided with the development
   package.
 * Check that the version of xmlrpc-c is at least 1.06. You can do this also
   calling:
   $ xmlrpc-c-config --version
 * If all this requirements are already met please send log files located in
   .xmlrpc_test to the mailing list.

But libxmlrpc is installed...

root at vsh01:/usr/local/src/opennebula-2.2# dpkg -l "libxmlrpc-c*"
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-
pend
||/ Name                   Version                Description
+++-======================-======================-
un  libxmlrpc-c-dev        <none>                 (no description available)
un  libxmlrpc-c0           <none>                 (no description available)
un  libxmlrpc-c0-dev       <none>                 (no description available)
ii  libxmlrpc-c3           1.06.27-1.1            A lightweight RPC library
based on XML and HTTP for C and C+
ii  libxmlrpc-c3-dev       1.06.27-1.1            A lightweight RPC library
based on XML and HTTP for C and C+

Any hint whats wrong?

Regards
Thomas

--
Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT)
archIT [IT-Management der Fakultät Architektur]