[one-users] $ONE_AUTH

Rui Esteves m4609 at iscte.pt
Wed May 11 07:04:21 PDT 2011

Hi
I am a newbie on this field and I am having some difficulties on
setting up a new environment.
I am starting with a server and later will have 2 more nodes on this
mini-cloud test environment.
The server has Ubuntu 11.04 and I am installing OpenNebula 2.2 in
system wide mode.

After installing Opennebula I verified that all the directories were
correctly installed.
To start it I need to:
"When you execute OpenNebula for the first time it will create an
administration account. Be sure to put the user and password in a
single line as user:password in the $ONE_AUTH file."
1.	As this is a system-wide implementation what should be the value of
$ONE_AUTH? (The installation did not set it up) I have set it as
/srv/cloud/one/.one_auth - is is correct?
2.	Should I use the oneadmin user or do you recommend to use different user?
3. Even after filling the $ONE_AUTH with the user:password of
oneadmin, I receive an error: "You should have ONE_AUTH set the first
time you start OpenNebula as it is used to set the credentials for the
administrator user." Why? What am I making wrong?

Thank you
Rui