[one-users] onevm stop issue?

Wei Xing wxing at icr.ac.uk
Mon May 9 10:32:38 PDT 2011

Hi,

I got error when stop a vm two times:

 ExitCode: 1
Mon May  9 18:39:04 2011 [VMM][E]: Error saving VM state, Error: Save file:/srv/cloud/one/var/41/images/checkpoint exist!
Mon May  9 18:39:04 2011 [LCM][I]: Fail to save VM state. Assuming that the VM is still RUNNING (will poll VM).
Mon May  9 18:39:07 2011 [VMM][W]: Unknown monitoring attribute (adding/updating template): NAME one-41
Mon May  9 18:39:07 2011 [VMM][D]: Monitor Information:

It seems the checkpoint file in var/xx/image, which can not be overwritten. When onevm tries to stop a vm, it will first create (??, should be "delete"--> create or "mv" --> create ?) a checkpoint file.  However, it will not work if there is already one from prior stop action. So, I mv-ed the checkpoint file, then it works.

Not sure if it is a bug or your guys intend to do so? It is not clear to me from the state description (stop--pending--run). Any idea?

Thanks,

Wei

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.  If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer and network.