[one-users] problem installing Ruby

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at seas.harvard.edu
Mon May 2 08:04:48 PDT 2011

> Please help me installation of ruby (Provide me link for download for
> centOS version )
> without using YUM

Vijay,

This isn't really the right forum for this sort of question.  If you
need basic help compiling and installing Ruby, there is probably a
Ruby user's mailing list where you can find some help.  I expect that
the Ruby documentation also covers this in some detail.

I would encourage you to install packages using Yum when they're
available.  We're running OpenNebula under CentOS and we've been quite
happy with it.  With the exception of a few Ruby gems, we've been able
to install everything out of the stock CentOS repository.  This way
you can spend more time learning OpenNebula and less time futzing
about with compiling all the requirements.

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at seas.harvard.edu>
Senior Technologist