[one-users] how to create img file which similar with ttylinux.img

Zaina AFOULKI zaina.afoulki at ensi-bourges.fr
Tue Mar 22 03:48:54 PDT 2011

Hi,

If you are using KVM, you can create an .img file using qemu-kvm:
Just have the Operating System ISO file ready (Ubuntu of Win XP) and
follow the guide in [1]

Basically, you need to create a disk image for the guest
qemu-img create -f qcow2 winxp.img 3G

and then install your OS by booting from the CD drive...
qemu -m 256 -hda winxp.img -cdrom winxpsp2.iso -boot d

Hope it helps,

--
Zaina

[1] http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/QEMU/Images