[one-users] saveas not always working

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Tue Mar 15 09:24:42 PDT 2011

Hi Carsten,

You are right, to save an image you have to shutdown the VM (i.e. shutdown +
move the image back to the front-end). The image is "savedas" from there s
if you cancel/delete a VM it is assumed that you do not want to keep the VM
so it won't be saved.

The idea is to provide a fast image disposal mechanism for rapid VM
provisioning. Basically VMs that do not need to preserve their state.

So basically, I think OpenNebula is behaving as expected....

Cheers

Ruben

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 12:02 AM, <Carsten.Friedrich at csiro.au> wrote:

> Sorry to  bother everyone again. Currently I think this is a bug in
> OpenNebula; but before I file a bug report I want to make sure it’s not a
> local problem with my installation here or a fundamental misunderstanding on
> my side of what should happen.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Carsten

Dr. Ruben Santiago Montero
Associate Professor (Profesor Titular), Complutense University of Madrid