[one-users] OpenVZ

Toens Bueker toens.bueker at lists0903.nurfuerspam.neuroserve.de
Tue Mar 15 05:28:57 PDT 2011

knawnd at gmail.com wrote:

> Spent some time in attempts to implement OpenVZ support in
> OpenNebula via libvirt I realized that for the moment probably it
> was not the most efficient way to do that since libvirt provides
> pretty poor OpenVZ support. In particular:

[...]

> Taking all mentioned above into account I incline to an opinion it
> would be better to implement openvz support in OpenNebula by native
> openvz means like vzctl/vzlist/vzcalc/vzmigrate/vzdump commands just
> invoking those commands on remote host.
>
> I would like to know other opinions on that.

>From my experiences with libvirt and lxc I would agree that a "native"
approach would be better.

It seems, that the openstack developers who try to implement OpenVZ support there
(https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/openvz-driver) came to
the same conclusion: "Sadly the openvz support in libvirt is sketchy at
best. Network manipulation is very weak. We need a new driver for
openvz to afford openvz users full control."

Kind regards,
Töns
--
There is no safe distance.