[one-users] Using half a processor with KVM

Javier Fontan jfontan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 14:31:34 PST 2011

Unfortunately there's not such feature in libvirt/kvm but we are
looking into implementing something similar for that hypervisor. As a
start point kvm processes can be reniced so some VMs have more
priority than other but we don't have a way to exactly set those
values. We will implement it as soon as we are happy with some method
to do so.

Anyway, if somebody have some ideas on how to implement this we are all ears.

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 3:58 AM, Paulo A L Rego <pauloalr.alu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found in an old thread (Trying to Understand VCPU CPU and VM parameters in
> template) the explanation of how XEN works with CPU definition at template.
> Xen's driver uses the credit scheduler.
>
> This kind of definiton already works with KVM?
>
> Can i use 0.6 to one VM and 0.4 to another?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Paulo

Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher