[one-users] when can OpenNebula scheuler support dynamic VM placement for running VMs?

Tino Vazquez tinova at opennebula.org
Fri Mar 11 04:24:11 PST 2011

Dear YE Lei,

Unfortunately, we don't have this functionality planned for our very
short term roadmap. We are aware of people interested in this very
same functionality, there are old threads in this mailing list on this
topic.

In any case, OpenNebula provides all the needed information for an
algorithm that implements the dynamic placement you mention. Due to
the scheduler design and the monitoring information, this can be
achieved in a straightforward manner.

Regards,

-Tino

--