[one-users] iSCSI SAN(Storage Area Network) Feature Request

Impetus Infotech impetus.cloud at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 02:19:24 PST 2011

Hi Jaime/Community Members,

Attached is design document for iSCSI based SAN extension for OpenNebula.
This is very rudimentarty state and we would request you all to provide
sugestion/advice over it. Objective is to provide:

a. iSCSI based block storage in OpenNebula
b. Feature for volume snapshot in OpenNebula

We would be updating the document and sharing with you as we will progress
on it.

Regards,
Team Impetus

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 1:01 PM, Impetus Infotech <impetus.cloud at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Jaime,
>
> Thanks for showing interest in our extention for providing iSCSI based
> storage solution over OpenNebula. We would be sharing the details of
> project/diagram very soon. We would surely let you know in case if we need
> your help for developing this extention.
>
> Regards,
> Team Impetus
>
> On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 9:05 PM, Jaime Melis <jmelis at opennebula.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> those features sound very interesting. Is there any way we can help you
>> out in achieving them? Furthermore, could you please explain in more detail,
>> or provide a diagram, of the deployment that will be available with the
>> integration of iSCSI based storage devices?
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> Jaime
>>
>>   On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 8:32 AM, Impetus Infotech <
>> impetus.cloud at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>   Hi All,
>>>
>>> We would like to have turnkey storage solution in OpenNebula, which
>>> provide seamless integration of iSCSI based storage devices.
>>> Currently we are working over this feature for XEN hypervisors, and would
>>> make announcements very soon.
>>>
>>> Brief details about extension:
>>>
>>> 1. Integration of SAN with OpenNebula via modified OpenFiler for
>>> OpenNebula
>>> 2. Ruby based scripts for attaching/deattaching volumes to virtual
>>> machines