[one-users] iSCSI SAN(Storage Area Network) Feature Request

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Fri Mar 4 07:35:40 PST 2011

Hi,

those features sound very interesting. Is there any way we can help you out
in achieving them? Furthermore, could you please explain in more detail, or
provide a diagram, of the deployment that will be available with the
integration of iSCSI based storage devices?

regards,

Jaime

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 8:32 AM, Impetus Infotech <impetus.cloud at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We would like to have turnkey storage solution in OpenNebula, which provide
> seamless integration of iSCSI based storage devices.
> Currently we are working over this feature for XEN hypervisors, and would
> make announcements very soon.
>
> Brief details about extension:
>
> 1. Integration of SAN with OpenNebula via modified OpenFiler for OpenNebula
> 2. Ruby based scripts for attaching/deattaching volumes to virtual machines
> 3. Embedded xml-rpc code in OpenNebula for iSCSI based volume management
> via OpenFiler
> 4. Java based OpenNebula managment UI, which will provide Volume
> management.
>
> PS: Any suggestion/advice is welcome.
>
> Regards,
> Team Impetus

Jaime Melis, Cloud Technology Engineer/Researcher
Major Contributor
www.OpenNebula.org | jmelis at opennebula.org