[one-users] What's available about the LVM backend ?

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Fri Mar 4 07:28:30 PST 2011

Hi Gian,

You're right, if you use a Cluster LVM [1] then you will be able to use
migration with an empty tm_mv.sh (as you point out, same idea as the
tm_mv.sh in the TM_NFS drivers).

[1]
http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/Cluster_Logical_Volume_Manager/LVM_Cluster_Overview.html

Cheers,
Jaime

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Gian Uberto Lauri <saint at eng.it> wrote:

> CC>       The web site is not very promising: Stop/Migration: These
> CC> features have not been implemented for this Transfer Manager,
> CC> since they depend strongly on the scenario.
>
> Limitations confirmed :(.
>
> Anyway, I would work with a clustered volume group, that is every node
> sees the same VG, and that is very close to NFS case where everybody
> see the same thing.
>
> Is it safe then, to assume that tm_mv it's a no op ?
>
> I would like avoid using a distributed fs and keep my VMs on a logical
> volume,  and since  all nodes  share the  volume group,  migration and
> stopping should be a no-op... Or am I wrong ?
>
> --
> ing. Gian Uberto Lauri
> Ricercatore / Reasearcher
> Laboratorio Ricerca e Sviluppo / Research & Development Lab.
> Area Calcolo Distribuito / Distributed Computation Area
>
> GianUberto.Lauri at eng.it
>
> Engineering Ingegneria Informatica spa
> Corso Stati Uniti 23/C, 35127 Padova (PD)
>
> Tel. +39-049.8283.571         | main(){printf(&unix["\021%six\012\0"],
> Fax  +39-049.8283.569             |    (unix)["have"]+"fun"-0x60);}
> Skype: gian.uberto.lauri          |          David Korn, AT&T Bell Labs
> http://www.eng.it                         |          ioccc best One Liner,
> 1987

Jaime Melis, Cloud Technology Engineer/Researcher
Major Contributor
www.OpenNebula.org | jmelis at opennebula.org