[one-users] Concerning clustering filesystems

Stefan Knott Knott at nbsp.de
Wed Mar 16 23:24:33 PDT 2011

Hi,

I have a long adventure behind me using OpenNebula with a shared OCFS2 storage. In theory - I thought - block-based access should perform much better than NFS. My initial benchmarks supported that line of thinking. Sadly, because of stability and performance issues, I had to switch back to NFS.

Here's the long story:
http://www.blog.turmair.de/2011/03/ocfs2-vs-nfs-benchmarks-and-the-reality/

My Question is: What are your experiences using clustering filesystems as storage backend? Why did my setup perform so badly - or was that to be expected? Should I try another clustering filesystem (i.e. GFS2), or will it suck just as much?

Gruß

Stefan Knott
nbsp GmbH
Softwarehaus & IT-Dienstleister