[one-users] understanding network config

Shantanu Pavgi pavgi at uab.edu
Fri Mar 11 13:21:04 PST 2011

I have configured a bridge interface on KVM box and able to use it in OpenNebula VM deployment. Here VMs are getting their IP address from a DHCP server running on another system (VM image is configured with dhcp settings). I am wondering if I still need IP addresses while defining vnets - NETWORK_SIZE, NETWORK_ADDRESS, LEASES. I know BRIDGE name as needed as it will be used while generating deployment.0 file. I am not sure how IP information will be used in this case. Is it being used only for generating MAC address?  Any explanation on how network configuration works in OpenNebula will be really helpful.

--
Thanks,
Shantanu Pavgi.