[one-users] How about an OpenNebula image market place? was: sample linux image beside ttylinux?

David O'Callaghan david.ocallaghan at cs.tcd.ie
Tue Mar 1 05:09:07 PST 2011

Hi Carsten,

Ar 21.02.11 23:12, scríobh Carsten.Friedrich at csiro.au:
> It would be great if OpenNebula could host a space where users can upload
> and share OS images and templates for use in OpenNebula.

The StratusLab project (http://stratuslab.eu) is working on an "Appliance
Marketplace" of OpenNebula-compatible virtual machines. We expect the
initial users will be from StratusLab and the European Grid Infrastructure
(http://egi.eu) but we would welcome users (and VM images!) from the wider
OpenNebula community.

I should note on a technical point, that this marketplace will host image
*metadata*, to make it easy to find suitable images and validate them,  but
in general users will need to host the *images* on their own servers.

We already have a basic appliance repository at
http://appliances.stratuslab.eu/images/ with CentOS 5.5 and Ubuntu 10.04
images which you might be interested in.

Kind regards,

David O'Callaghan
 for StratusLab

--
Ánra Taighde - Scoil na hEolaíochta Ríomhaireachta ⁊ na Staitisticí,
 Coláiste na Tríonóide, Baile Átha Cliath 2