[one-users] storage creation

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Mon Jun 20 07:27:54 PDT 2011

On 16 June 2011 18:18, Michaël Van de Borne <michael.vandeborne at cetic.be> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> yes this helps.
>
> Is there any chance to create an empty OS type image, so that I can boot on
> it (with kickstart)?

You can create a DATABLOCK image and after installing the system you
can use the save_as command:

* saveas (Set the specified vms disk to be saved in a new image (image_name)
            when the vm shuts down)
    onevm saveas <vm_id> <disk_id> <image_name>

         (Set a different type for the new Image)
    onevm saveas <vm_id> <disk_id> <image_name> -t/--type <type>

Remember to set the Image type (OS)

Regards