[one-users] storage creation

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Thu Jun 16 03:03:30 PDT 2011

Hi,

On 10 June 2011 10:46, Michaël Van de Borne <michael.vandeborne at cetic.be> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> It seems that is a storage element has to be used on the cloud, it has to be
> created prior, and then uploaded to the cloud.
> As I'd like to use empty storage elements (and fill them later on), I'd like
> to know how I could create (via CLI or OCCI) a storage volume in the cloud,
> without having to uploading it.

You can define a DATABLOCK image that will create an empty disk, you
should make it persistent in order to keep your changes.

Using the CLI:
$ oneimage create datablock.template
$ cat datablock.template
NAME              = "Experiment results"
TYPE               = DATABLOCK
# No PATH set, this image will start as a new empty disk
SIZE               = 2048
FSTYPE         = ext3
PUBLIC           = NO
PERSISTENT  = YES
DESCRIPTION = "Storage for my Thesis experiments."

Using OCCI:
$ occi-storage create datablock.xml
$ cat datablock.xml
    <STORAGE>
        <NAME>Experiment results</NAME>
        <DESCRIPTION>Storage for my Thesis experiments.</DESCRIPTION>
        <TYPE>DATABLOCK</TYPE>
        <SIZE>2048</SIZE>
        <FSTYPE>ext3</FSTYPE>
        <PUBLIC>NO</PUBLIC>