[one-users] Help with VM launch

Robert Schweikert rschweikert at novell.com
Thu Jun 9 11:16:28 PDT 2011

On 06/09/2011 12:33 PM, Carlos Martín Sánchez wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> The only thing I can think of is that you correctly configured the
> passwordless ssh access to the Host, but then started OpenNebula as root
> instead of oneadmin.

Well, oned runs as a process owned by oneadmin. I start oned (and the
scheduler) using an init script that is based on the "one" script
supplied in the source tarball. I use

starproc -u oneadmin -g cloud $ONED ....

This works as advertised as

# ps -u oneadmin | grep one

returns a list of processes, including the scheduler and oned, while

# ps -u root | grep one

returns an empty list

Thus it appears that the process ownership is correct.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Robert

Tech Lead