[one-users] VM stuck in "migration" state - migration never issued (Xen)

Thomas Knauth thomas.knauth at gmx.de
Mon Jun 27 14:23:58 PDT 2011

Hello list,

I am experiencing very long delays (>15min) between issuing $ onevm
livemigrate ... and the actual migration taking place. Which parts of
ONE are taking part in the decision when to migrate?

The log file of the VM says

Mon Jun 27 17:33:57 2011 [LCM][I]: New VM state is MIGRATE

but nothing happens. Migrations do work in general. Sometimes. When it
does not work, the
command "xm -l ..." (using Xen) is never executed on the host the VM
is running on (as can be confirmed by looking into /var/log/auth.log).

Which parts of ONE are involved when I issue the "onevm livemigrate"
command from the console? Where can I get more debug info to
troubleshoot the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Thomas.