[one-users] Some questions about Opennebula

fanttazio fanttazio at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 17:13:59 PDT 2011

Hi to all,

I am a master student in university of Essex and I am doing my dissertation
on network virtualization in future cloud. I am going to use Opennebula for
my project and implement a test bed with that so I have some question about
software.

1. In all services that Opennebula does in cloud like Live Migration which
service is really uses network resources during performing the service,
because I want to analyses performance of that service.

2. Does Opennebula in current version support VLAN (Dot1Q) tagging or it
will be in version 3?If it does not support VALN tagging out of the box is
there any work around for that?

3. If for example I want to compare the throughput of a network port during
the performing of that service mentioned above what kind of software is the
best choice?

Thank you,
Mehdi