[one-users] Express installation, incompatibility Ruby 1.8.5 and Sunstone, How to upgrade?

Anders Branderud anders.branderud at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 06:40:35 PDT 2011

Hello!

The Express Installation of OpenNebula 2.2.0 on CentOS has caused me big
problems, since it installs Ruby 1.8.5, which is incompatible with Sunstone.
I installed Ruby 1.9.2 after executing the Express installation, but the
problem remained, since Sunstone tried to use the old Ruby-installation.

I don't know how to configure, so that the newer Ruby-version should be used
instead.

I would be very thankful if anyone could help out! I think it also would be
nice with an upgrade of the OpenNebula Express-installation script and
repositories, so that a newer version of Ruby is installed instead avoiding
the above problem.

I also tried to install Open Nebula manually following instructions point by
point, but encountered other problems. I Googled the error messages, but
none of the advices worked for me.

I will now reinstall CentOS one more time and start it all over again..
Waiting for the reply re. Open Nebula Express-install so that I can move
on..

Thanks in advance!!

--
Kind Regards, Anders Branderud

[Personal blog] bloganders.blogspot.com  : Logical reasons - based on
scientific premises - for the existence of a Creator and that He hasn't left
His sapient creatures without an Instruction Manual - Torah ['books of
Moses'] - to ascertain, and aspire to, His purpose.

[Company] Anders Branderud IT Solutions - www.abitsolutions.org