[one-users] question about dhcp settings for vm?

Ou, Yan Y.Ou at massey.ac.nz
Tue Jun 7 02:19:39 PDT 2011

Hi All

Can anyone please tell me how to setup dhcp client for KVM based VMS by opennebula template?

I have set up the bridging interface br0 through eth0 (which is connected to our company network and IP is leased by company dhcp server), and br0 is set as dhcp as well.

Now I want our VMS (with registered MAC address in company NAS database) to be connected to company network through eth0 and retrieve the IPs from company dhcp server. Should I use br0? I have tried a single VM, and it has to use tap to get the IP (br0 is used to bridge between tap and eth0). But how to make the settings in opennebula network template? I have read some documentations but get no luck yet.

Can anyone help me on the settings? Many thanks!

Regards
Yan