[one-users] Import Xen DomU

Javier Fontan jfontan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 03:52:50 PDT 2011

Are you trying to add to opennebula database some already running VMs
or trying to start new VMs from the already created images?

There is no easy way to add already running VMs to OpenNebula system.

If you want to start new VM's from that lvm disks you can specify the
lvm lv's in the target parameter of the disk. You should also use the
parameter CLONE=no so it uses the lvm partition and not it not tries
to clone it somewhere.

You should also tie the VM to the host that has that lvm partition
using requirements parameter in the template:

--8<------
REQUIREMENTS="HOSTNAME=\"name_of_the_host\""
------>8--

Cheers

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 5:15 PM, Juergen Gotteswinter <jg at internetx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we currently run some centos xen dom0 hosts. all vms are created by the
> virt-install cli tool, and running from a lvm.
>
> is there any "easy" way to get those existing domUs into opennebula? i didnt
> find anything about migrating existing stuff into one so far.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Juergen

Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher