[one-users] VM is in Run state but I cant do the SSH

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Fri Jul 22 04:07:18 PDT 2011

Hi Bharath,

This FAQ entry may be useful:
http://opennebula.org/documentation:community:faq#my_vm_is_running_but_i_get_no_answer_from_pings_what_s_wrong

About the manual deployment, maybe you just needed to wait a bit more until
the next scheduling cycle.
The hypervisor ID is stored in the DEPLOY_ID attribute of running VMs.

Regards.

--
Carlos Martín, MSc
Project Major Contributor
www.OpenNebula.org <http://www.opennebula.org/> | cmartin at opennebula.org

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 6:02 PM, bharath pb <bharathapbr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply ...  Since I'm using the opennebula  ,. will
> opennebula ID is same as the xm console ID ..?
> Im using  KVM , can I do  $virish then Ifconfig to see the IP..?
> Why didn't  VM go to run state when  i create it ..? is it necessary to
> deploy the VM ..?
>

> regards
> Bharath
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 8:51 AM, puneeth poduri <puneeth.poduri at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> hi,
>> try xm console <id> and do ifconfig .
>> i highly doubt you can set IP addresses like that .
>> please see contextualizing VM for further reference . Contextualizing VM<http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.2:cong>
>> --
>> puneeth
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 7:05 PM, bharath pb <bharathapbr at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I have installed the opennebula on ubuntu 11.04 and i'm trying to connect
>>> to the host (which is other system ubuntu 10.04 LTS, i have installed kvm,
>>> libvert , qem etc) .
>>>
>>>   I can successfully monitored the HOST ,  then I tried the sample
>>> ttylinux example but here I have some problem ,
>>> I have created the small net work template
>>>
>>> NAME = "Small network"
>>> TYPE = FIXED
>>>
>>> #Now we'll use the cluster private network (physical)
>>> BRIDGE = virbr0
>>> LEASES = [ IP="192.168.122.5"]
>>> LEASES = [ IP="192.168.122.6"]