[one-users] ldap with one

Carlos A. caralla at upv.es
Mon Jul 11 09:03:45 PDT 2011

Hi Zeeshan,

I tried the ldap addon offered by ONE some months ago, and then the
default distribution was not working properly because it was buggy and
the failure was reported (http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/689) but not
officially solved yet. The quick and dirty solution is just to remove
just the last parameter, and it will work fine.

The problem for me here is that the LDAP password is still stored in
plaintext, just as the default user authentication file (ONE_AUTH). So I
think that it is very dangerous to store such a password that is valid
in a wider domain as a clear text.

The good news here are that it is easy to develop your own
authentication method based on the default ldap one distributed by the
ONE developers.

If you can assume storing the password, you can try to use the ldap
addon "as is" (just fixing the bug).

Regards,
Carlos A.