[one-users] OCCI: parsing bug, unsupported character?

Marco Strutz marco.strutz at desy.de
Mon Jul 25 06:43:45 PDT 2011

Hello developers.

I might found a bug in the occi-context section related to a proper
string parsing.
In generel, the 'occi-compute create' command outputs error-message if
unsupported characters (like '$') are detected:
  [VirtualMachineAllocate] Error trying to CREATE VM Could not parse
CONTEXT for VM.

In my occi.xml I wanted to define a customized context-attribute
containing the char '%'. This leads 'occi-compute create' into a timeout
and a ruby process [1] gets a 100% cpu load:
  Error timeout while connected to server (execution expired).
  Server: localhost:4567

I guess this syntax-issue is related to the use of "<% ...%>" of the
ruby-occi-template definition [2] since percent-chars are used as well.

This leads me to the following question: What can I do to have a
'%'-char in my self-defined context-attributes. Is this even possible?
In the end I need the %-char in the context.sh-file of the booted
VirtualMachine.

 [1] ruby /cloud/one/lib/ruby/cloud/occi/occi-server.rb
 [2] $ONE_LOCATION/etc/occi_templates/common.erb

thanks in advance
Marco